Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Scientific Credentials of CEO

The CEO has claimed to have earned a variety of academic qualifications over the years including a Ph.D and M.P.H . The Ph.D. was of course purchased from the very prestigious 'Saint Regis University' a particularly down-market diploma mill based in Liberia. Still it got him a mention on Spokesman Review - http://www.spokesmanreview.com/data/diploma-mill/cover.asp?name=muraca

Even as late as Jan 2012 Muraca has failed to wipe away the stain of this particular lie. Here's a press release authored by him in which he claims both of these bogus qualifications.



8 comments:

Nuclea Fallout said...

"Muraca grew up in Pittsfield, graduated from Pittsfield High School in 1987, earned a bachelor's degree in psychology and neuroscience from Clark University and a doctorate in biostatistics from St. Regis University".

It's not just me saying this, here's a link to an article where he's proudly announcing his St Regis Ph.D!

http://www.berkshireedc.com/index.php?nav_id=31&story_id=7

Nuclea Fallout said...

...and whilst we're on this subject is the claimed undergraduate degree likely to be real either? Psychology and Neuroscience as an undergraduate program?

I still haven't got to the bottom of what the MPH is or where it came from. Any guesses?

Anonymous said...

Well according to this, it's a Master of Public Health ....... right! What's the public health record of Liberia anyway?

http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=947313771

Anonymous said...

When I first met him many many years ago, he told me he was in medical school but was on a leave of absence. Right off the bat, I knew there was something fishy. Who is accepted to medical school and takes a "leave" to work in a hospital laboratory?

Nuclea Fallout said...

That seems consistent with his constant attempts to gain some kind of academic respectability.

His recent Prize from his former College (http://www.nucleabio.com/pdf/Nuclea.BCC.Presidents.Award.pdf) to me just highlights his efforts to gain this by using other people's money to polish his ego.

Anonymous said...

Well, his Linkedin page mentions Albany Medical College but no MPH, or in fact no degree at all.

His MPH probably is as valid as his Ph. D

http://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickmuraca

Nuclea Fallout said...

Yes, I' almost ready to give up on tracing his ever changing 'academic' qualifications.

I think it would be safe to say he might have got a B.S from somewhere and the rest should all be subject to our suspicion. Emphasis on the BS!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I think I found a hybrid site. He refers to himself as "Mr." yet lists a doctorate in biostatistics from the very prestigious Regis University.

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=79295796&targetid=profile

He includes in his narrative his degree from Clark, yet no mention of his PhD from Regis, nor a mention of his doctoral thesis.

I guess his dissertation consisted of the following: Can you write a check for $3000.00 and not have it bounce?